Registration with Certificate of Professional Competence

If you are a veterinarian with a diploma obtained outside the EEA or Switzerland or if you have a profession other than a veterinarian, the Commission for Foreign Animal Healthcare Graduates (CBGD) will first assess whether your knowledge and skills are sufficiently equivalent to those of veterinarians with a diploma obtained in the Netherlands. If this is the case, the CBGD will issue a Certificate of Professional Competence. This is followed by registration in the The Register of Veterinary Medical Practitioners. Below you will find a step-by-step plan of this procedure.

This procedure applies to:

  • Veterinarians with a diploma from outside the EEA or Switzerland
  • Veterinary assistant paraveterinarians, animal physiotherapists or embryo transplanters / winners with a diploma from within or outside the EEA or Switzerland

Step-by-step plan

Any questions?

Call our information line: +31 (0)70 340 5700, operated Monday to Friday from 8.30 to 17.00 hours. Or send an email to:

Found what you were looking for?

This page was last updated on the 31st of June 2023