Certificate of Current Professional Status (CCPS)
The Certificate of Current Professional Status (CCPS) is a proof that no foreign restrictions of authority are applicable. If you have a foreign qualification and want to work in the Netherlands you must submit a CCPS from the country in which you obtained your qualification and from all countries in which you worked in your profession.
You will also need a CCPS if you obtained your qualification in the Netherlands or when you have been working in the Netherlands and you are going to work abroad. In that case you can apply for a CCPS from the Register of Veterinary Medical Practitioners.
Last updated on the 15th of June 2021
The CCPS is issued by the competent authority in the field of professional practice of the country that issued your qualification and/or the countries in which you worked in your profession
If you need to submit a CCPS in the Netherlands
The CCPS must state that:
- you are fully authorised to practise the profession in question;
- there are no restrictions on foreign competence in place.
You must submit a CCPS from the country in which you obtained your qualification and from all countries in which you worked in your profession, for longer than three months after you had obtained your qualification.
The following also applies to the CCPS:
- It must be an original declaration or an authenticated copy.
- The CCPS should not be more than 3 months old
- You do not need to submit a CCPS if you graduated 3 months ago or less.
- The CCPS must be translated into Dutch, English or German by a sworn translator.
- The translation must be authenticated by the translator in question or by a civil-law notary. You must also submit the authenticated declaration in the original language. A copy of the translation must be authenticated by a civil-law notary.
If you need to submit a CCPS abroad
You can apply for a CCPS for use abroad by filling in the application form and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applying for a CCPS takes a maximum of 8 weeks.
This is a declaration issued by a competent authority in the field of your profession in the country where you obtained your qualification. It states that you:
- are not registered and have never been registered; or
- are not registered now, but were registered in the past, and that during that period there were no restrictions on foreign competence in place.
You can apply for a non-registration declaration by sending an email to email@example.com. You will need the following:
- a valid passport or valid ID card;
- an authenticated copy of your qualification.
In your email, please state your name, your date of birth and the name of the competent authority that requested the non-registration declaration. Without those details, we will be unable to process your application. Obtaining a non-registration declaration takes a maximum of 8 weeks.
Assessment of your application
The Register of Veterinary Medical Practitioners will assess whether you qualify for a declaration. The declaration is always intended for a particular body or authority. That is why the details of the requesting body or authority are also requested.
The Certificate of non-registration and the Certificate of Current Professional Status are always in English. The CCPS will be sent to your home address or correspondence address.